This likely won’t be THE solution for everyone as I’m aware that there are actually different causes for this issue.
But for those who are desperate and haven’t yet tried this, here’s exactly what I did and what worked for me:
1. launched a fresh Ovi Store
2. clicked to download a free app, any should do it
3. encounter error
4. clicked Contact Support, an option that’s immediately offered after the error message. Sent them Nokia an angry message.
5. quit/close Ovi Store completely
6. deleted a randomly chosen app from the device
7. back to Ovi Store and voila, everything downloads just fine again.
I seriously doubt contacting support alone fixed it. So it was most likely down to removing an app from the device that did it.
things I tried that did not work:
- reboot phone
- plug phone into charger (works for some apparently)
- send app link from pc to phone via sms (the url link just opens the same Ovi Store link anyway
Did this work for you? Feel free to leave me a comment.